Monday, July 7, 2014

Final Destination….Bermuda!!

Hi Everyone!!  I am Chianti Sivek, #23 and I will be a junior this year. 

Most people never get the chance to play college basketball, let alone travel abroad while doing so.  The Bobcats were fortunate enough to accomplish both, and going to Bermuda as a team is something that we will remember for the rest of our lives! Between swimming in the clear water ocean, getting tours of the island, having a ride on the Ferry, and most importantly playing basketball against their national team; I feel that this trip has made the Bobkitties become closer than we have ever been. We always knew that we were a crazy group of girls, but this trip definitely made it stand out even more!  Some of the best memories were made with the team, in and out of the country.

Being at the beach is one of my favorite places, so when we were able to go to the different beaches in Bermuda for a couple hours, I was in heaven!!  The clear water was beautiful and I definitely like being able to see what is swimming around my feet more then trying to guess what it is!

Youth Clinic

While in Bermuda we were able to play against their national team and that was something we will never forget!  My favorite part of one of the games though was when a player on their team was shooting a foul shot and her son ran out on the court to see her!

We also were able to help with a youth camp one of the days we were there and being able to help the kids with different skill/shooting stations was so much fun! 

One of my most favorite memories was when we went to our cricket lesson, and boy was that a site to see! After our practice rounds we started to get the hang of it! (Okay maybe only a few did!)...It was such a neat experience trying to play one of the sports they love in Bermuda!

After our Cricket lesson
Going to Bermuda has made me realize how fortunate I am to play with the group of people and coaching staff that I do.  It has helped us to become a family on and off the court, and that is something we will be able to use in the fall when we start our journey to the best season yet.

Getting ready for our game vs. Bermuda Select